Eaton Aerospace Group FMC Division located in Los Angeles, CA (near Glendale metro) has an opening for a Pricing Manager. The candidate will lead the Pricing functions and team for the Los Angeles FMC site.
• Must be capable of leading effectively in diverse cultural situations with our global aerospace customers
• Partners with the Commercial, Finance and Site Leadership by providing financial analysis of business/contractual issues to support decision making and facilitate proposal risk mitigation, planning and execution.
• Ensures compliance with Division and Group policies and procedures to manage the risks and liabilities for the business unit.
• Ensures compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement, Cost Accounting Standards and other laws and regulations.
• Responsible for maintaining positive customer interactions, proactively insuring proposal pricing compliance and performance, and developing improved organization capability and morale of the Pricing staff within the Division.
• Adopts process improvements within the pricing organization, understands and suggests changes to procedures to improve management of risks and liabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and monitor incoming requests for Pricing support and determine assignment of workload to self and coworkers to maintain equitable division of work in the group.
• Develop recommended selling prices for new and existing products by gathering cost information and estimates that will comprise the basis for a future cost estimate to develop an accurate, supportable proposal. (These are in response to requests written by Customer Service, Contracts, Marketing, Program Management and others.).
• Support various types of pricing related activities requested by the customer, (termination Liability Schedules, Expenditure forecasts, data sweeps and other cost & pricing data requirements).
• Assist the various departments in responding to customer “Requests for Information” regarding specific proposed questions. (This could involve providing additional historical support as well as the ability to utilize FAR/DFARS to clarify or deny information.)
• Support Contracts and Customer Service in price negotiations with cost analysis of positions etc. Prepare a post negotiation summary for presentation to management.
• Prepare sign-offs for management review and prepare negotiation objectives for management review.
• Apply judgment in the application of escalation and volume adjustment and other factors used in computing the recommended selling price.
• Perform special cost and pricing studies on a variety of matters, including back-up for customer requests, cost out analysis, rate impact studies for finance, estimate to complete (ETC), estimate at complete (EAC) and design to cost (DTC) analysis.
• Assist Sales personnel in the development of business cases for the presentation of new business proposals that require NRE investment or challenged OEM pricing that is offset by profitable aftermarket sales.
• Provide profit and margin analysis on established price lists annually and anytime as required. In conjunction with Contracts and Customer Service, update established price lists when requested.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
• Minimum 7 years of pricing experience with a working knowledge of Government and Commercial Pricing techniques.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Accounting or Finance preferred
• Business governance skills.
• Previous management of people experience a plus.
• Negotiation strategy and experience supporting complex proposals.
• Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR part 15), DFARS, and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
• Strong communication skills (Internal & External)
• Customer focused (balanced with good business acumen)
• Previous Management experience considered a plus
• Action Oriented and ability to work in time sensitive environment
• Guide and mentor other Contracts and Pricing personnel.
• Have complete command of Excel spreadsheets with ability to create and manage complex multi-worksheet spreadsheets.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent math skills and strong attention to detail are required to be successful in this position.
• Ability to train pricing and negotiation techniques to the site pricing team.
To apply, please contact:
Eaton, HR Services Talent Acquisition Consultant
Click here for more details: 017419 Pricing Manager – LA, CA