The Manager – Contracts & Compliance role is sought to support INTEGRAL AEROSPACE LLC. business with tasks in a high paced contracting environment. The Contract/Subcontracts Manager will be primarily responsible for reviewing, drafting, negotiating and administering Government and International agreements and contracts to help grow INTEGRAL AEROSPACE business. The Contract/Subcontracts Manager will be versed in Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARs). While operating under limited supervision, the Contract/Subcontracts Manager will work cross-functionally with legal, business/finance, business development and client services to negotiate and close customer contracts that meet company policy and legal requirements and achieve profitable growth. The Contract/Subcontracts Manager will be the primary focal point for customer negotiations of terms and conditions, and will be responsible for developing negotiation strategies jointly with the integrated process team, obtaining leadership approvals and coordinating with multiple resources (e.g., business development, operations, client services, project managers, and finance, legal).
Essential Functions & Responsibilities of the role
Manages, administers and monitors contract/subcontract performance. Develops and negotiates with Program Management and Business Development in various agreements in support of domestic and international business pursuits. Provides oversight to ensure compliance and alignment of policies, and procedures with organizational objectives. Acts as liaison between the business unit, and Business unit Counsel on compliance as required.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
• Manages program contract tasks with minimal supervision
• Assists in development and implementation of strategies in support of Line of Business (LOB) and organization objectives
• Supports development of corporate and group contracting policies, guidelines, contract model forms and systems
• Reviews, drafts, and negotiates Government, domestic and international commercial contracts, agreements, and other documents
• Reviews, interprets and analyzes contracts and agreements to ensure terms comply with legal, guidelines, contracting principles, business risks and cost constraints as well as LOB and client procedures
• Negotiates and interprets contracts, and monitors fulfillment of contractual obligations
• Analyze and manage contractual terms and conditions and assess risk in support of timely and accurate revenue recognition and cash collection
• Analyzes significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions, and recommends solutions for appropriate risk mitigation in responsive proposals.
• Prepare reports and documentation on site activities for stakeholders, ensuring activities comply with legislative and statutory regulations
• Responds to customer inquiries pertaining to modifications of existing contracts and agreements and to facilitate all phases of contract management.
• Assists in developing bid strategy and manages contract function for program bid proposals/bid protests
• Provides contractual leadership to business team members throughout the proposal process.
• Reviews and resolves issues affecting compliance and ensure satisfaction of legal/regulatory requirements
• Issues RFPs and/or reviews proposals and contract actions prior to signature or negotiation to ensure appropriate factors have been considered and all necessary information on contract risk mitigation has been gathered
• Drafts and reviews NDA’s, MOU’s, MOA’s, teaming, consultant, reseller, sales representative, distribution and other agreements
• Prepares contractual documents, including the preparation of contract terms and conditions, and assembles contract documentation package
• Manages contract change control process.
• Coordinates and conducts due diligence requirements
• Ensures compliance with ITAR, Trade Regulations
• Ensures protection of company interests and intellectual property
• Along with senior management team, develops and maintains effective business relationships with government, commercial, foreign, and domestic customers; internal and external
• Liaison with all departments to capture and facilitate the contract life cycle from need identification, through drafting, negotiation, execution, performance, to completion and close out
• Ensures Data Rights for Intellectual Property are asserted and protected
• Provide claim and litigation support to Group Counsel as required
• Provides internal and external audit assistance as required
• Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends Integral Aerospace mission, values and culture
• Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies
• Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company’s values
• B.S./B.A. degree in Business/Mgt (or related field of study/discipline) and/or or HS Diploma with 5 + years of experience with government contracts
• Proven negotiating skills and the ability to exercise sound business judgment and discretion is critical
• Knowledge of FAR, DFARS, and government procurement/contracting cycle spanning all major contract types (FFP, FPI, CPAF, CPFF, CPIF, T&M, BOA, IDIQ)
• Government intellectual property (IP)/ software and data rights clauses and IP marking guidelines experience
• Source selection/evaluation process including cost and price analysis experience
• Experience with requirements for & with administration of government property
• Experience with government contract administration duties including subcontract flow downs, change management, inspection, acceptance, payment, warranty, close-out and records retention
• Experience with due diligence, proper drafting, negotiation and use of contracts, subcontracts, P.O.’s teaming and other forms of agreements
• Knowledge of U.S. export laws (ITAR/EAR)
Ability to travel in USA and internationally as required by business
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Experiences, Skills and Knowledge
Excellent verbal and writing skills; ability to draft moderate to complex, contractual instruments. Excellent knowledge of legal principles to enable identification of risk in business agreements, and negotiation of the same.
Proven negotiating skills and the ability to exercise sound business judgment and discretion is critical
General computer proficiency and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
Previous management experience; Ability to interact professionally and collaborate effectively at all levels of the organization
Aerospace & Aviation Manufacturing experience
Legal background in contracts, compliance, etc
Familiarity with general business operations and management functions and principles (business development, finance/accounting, operations, information technology)
Prefer membership in the National Contract Management Association and CPCM designation highly desirable
FMS and international contracting experience a strong plus. .
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. and meet INTEGRAL AEROSPACE security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the U.S. Government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment. The Company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
To apply and/or obtain more information, click this link.