Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker’s success.
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR – REQ 3535
1.) Process customer Requests for Quote and prepare proposal responses.
2.) Negotiate Pricing, Terms & Conditions, and delivery schedule for contract agreement.
3.) Interface with Parker OEM Divisions and customer representatives to gain and provide status on Spares and Repairs Orders
4.) Review and analysis of data related to costs, pricing, margins and evaluate risk to determine business case conditions
5.) Utilize available tools, systems and resources to perform responsibilities related to order management, forecasting and customer service.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
____ Has Direct Reports __X__ Does Not Have Direct Reports
Individual contributor role typically reporting to a contract manager or lead position. Has regular interaction with functional team members and related internal teams. Has direct contact with customers.
The responsibilities of this position may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Administers moderately complex contracts by analyzing performance requirements and customer purchase order requirements including those issued against Basic Contract Agreements and/or Long-Term Agreements. Analyses include performance to delivery schedules, pricing, terms and conditions and other contract provisions.
2. Determines technically and commercially compliant proposal packages of moderate scope and complexity in response to contract or customer requirements. Evaluates performance requirements, delivery schedules, and estimates of costs of material, equipment, and labor hours.
3. Initiates the bid process by identifying requirements and coordinating input from other functions such as performance requirements, delivery schedules, and cost estimates. Develops responses to moderately complex requests for proposal (RFP) by reviewing bid process procedures, reviewing material, test and other requirements, and preparing appropriate responses. Prepares and submits proposals.
4. Negotiates contracts of moderate scope and complexity in accordance with legal and company regulations and policies. Negotiates price, terms and conditions, deliveries, and other business issues within scope of responsibility. Ensures contract provisions are clear and conform to company policy.
5. Investigates and resolves claims or complaints by collecting and analyzing information. Coordinates with relevant functions on technical and/or quality issues, data requirements, and other business as applicable.
6. Monitors contract financial performance and delivery status and determines the need for contract amendments or extensions. Determines when customer directed changes are out-of-scope.
7. Acts as the point of contact with the customer on assigned contracts and participates in customer presentations.
8. Supports export compliance administration or represent the site or division for implementation of export compliance actions.
9. Maintains current professional and technical knowledge and may participate in professional associations (e.g., the National Contract Management Association (NCMA or the International Association of Commercial Contract Management).
10. Complies with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions.
11. Utilizes lean principles to develop and implement standard work.
Job Requirements: Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Business Administration or a related discipline. Contract management certification preferred or in process is preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through two or more years of experience in contract administration or a directly related field.
· Knowledge of contract administration principles, industry practices, regulations, and policies. Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to contract administration and government procurement, if applicable.
· Maintains a thorough knowledge of corporate and division policies and administrative procedures.
· Proficient in the uses of standard business applications software and specialized in-house and customer systems.
· Ability to work within general work objectives regarding projects and team goals.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies and moderately complex contract terms and conditions, and recommend changes to procedures.
· Ability to respond to significant inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively negotiate contracts to obtain the best prices and most favorable terms and conditions for follow-on requirements.
· Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, and top management.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions. Minority/Female/Disability/